February 17, 2023
Feb 17, 2023View: 104
Very thin and translucent, it is a new type of medical sterile dressing, mainly composed of viscous material, hydrophilic hydrocolloid (CMC) and artificial elastomer. Hydrocolloid dressing itself does not contain moisture, but has strong water absorption capacity. The hydrophilic particles of the dressing absorb the exudate of the wound and become hydrogel. The most common gel is hydroxymethyl cellulose, which can Firmly pasted on the skin at the edge of the wound, it can swell 12 times after absorbing the exudate and provide a moist healing environment for the wound, protect and promote the growth of granulation tissue and promote epithelial crawling.
It is a new type of wound dressing composed of high water content absorbent polymer gel. Generally, its own water content exceeds 50%, and it has a strong hydrophilic group inside, which has a special adsorption effect on water, and forms a network structure through intermolecular crosslinking. The water-absorbing gel material is different from absorbent materials such as sponges and cotton cloths. It can absorb water hundreds or thousands of times its own mass, combine with water firmly, and then swell to form a hydrogel. The water in this gel is rarely squeezed out even when subjected to considerable pressure. This special function makes the water-absorbing polymer gel material develop rapidly after being discovered.
Both have strong water absorption, and the hydrogel dressing itself contains more water. From the perspective of comfort in use, hydrogels are more comfortable and biocompatible, and of course the price is generally more expensive.
Principle and Characteristics
1. It has the ability to absorb wound exudate. After absorbing the exudate, the hydrophilic particles in the dressing can form a gel-like semi-solid substance, attached to the wound base, providing and maintaining a moist environment conducive to wound healing. Promote cell proliferation and epithelial cell movement, thereby accelerating wound healing.
2. It is viscous and can form an occlusive wound. A closed healing environment can promote the proliferation of microvessels and the formation of granulation tissue, thereby accelerating wound healing.
3. It can play a debridement function. On the one hand, hydrocolloids contain endogenous enzymes that can promote the dissolution of fibrin; on the other hand, the airtight environment provided by hydrocolloid dressings is conducive to the removal of necrotic tissue by macrophages.
1. It has the dual functions of replenishing water and absorbing exudate, so it can provide moisture to the dry and crusted wound surface, promote autolytic debridement, and effectively exert the effect of exogenous debridement; and absorb excess exudate from the wound surface , keep the wound surface in a proper moist state, and effectively avoid dry necrosis of wound tissue.
2. It can improve the regeneration ability of wound granulation tissue, promote the division and migration of epithelial cells, accelerate wound healing, and is not easy to leave scars.
3. The hydrogel dressing is transparent, so you can directly observe the wound and its changes. It’s comfortable, soft and extremely elastic, can relieve wound pain. After absorbing wound exudate, it will not loosen, break and leave no residue. When the dressing is removed, it does not adhere to the wound surface and avoids secondary damage to the wound surface.
It is suitable for persistent chronic wounds and complex and time-consuming tissue regeneration treatments. Clinically, it is mostly used for various types of low to moderate exudative wounds, venous ulcers of lower extremities, stage I-II bedsores, small area shallow burns, postoperative wounds, skin donor site wounds, various superficial traumas and plastic surgery Granulation and epithelialization phases of wounds, chronic wounds.
For use in the granulation and epithelialization phases of uninfected wounds or cleansed wounds. As well as I-II degree burn wounds and donor site wounds.